The Christ Experience
Our mission is to help people experience and maximize the life of God– so they can go ahead to influence lives and the world at large. Our church is also guided by The Great Commandment and The Great Commission. Our objective is biblically-based and relevant. It is to reach people for Christ, grow them strong in Christ to become competent believers so they can go out and make a difference in the world system for Jesus Christ.
We believe in a great commitment to the great commission and the great commandment will grow a great church!
The Great Commandment
“Jesus said, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart…soul…and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.’ ” Matthew 22:36-40
The Great Commision
“Jesus said, ‘Go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.’ ” Matthew 28:19-20
- To “Love God with all your heart” is “Worship.”
- To “Love your neighbor as yourself” is “Ministry.”
- To “Go…make disciples” is “Evangelism.”
- To “Teach them…all things” is “Discipleship.”
What We Believe
About The Bible
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, divinely inspired; that it contains no errors in the original manuscripts and preserved by God for us; that it is authoritative for this church and each of us for every age.
- We believe that God exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three are one God.
- We believe God created the universe by His Power and Word.
- We believe that God is all knowing, all powerful and ever present.
About Jesus Christ
- We believe Jesus Christ was sent by God the Father into the world to save sinners.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was virgin born, sinless in life and mighty in words and deeds.
- We believe Jesus was both God and man, that He was crucified for our sins, and was bodily raised from the dead.
- He then ascended to His Father’s side where He is head of the church and intercedes for believers.
- We believe Jesus Christ is coming again personally, visibly and bodily to reign as Lord.
About the Holy Spirit
- We believe the Holy Spirit is a person, is God, and has all the divine characteristics. He indwells all believers, baptizes and seals them at the moment of salvation. He fills them in response to confession of sin and surrender to Him.
- We believe that Jesus, through His death on the cross, provided salvation for all. However, to receive salvation one must repent of sin and trust Jesus Christ alone. The true believer is eternally secure and cannot lose his salvation. He may, however, lose his joy by sin and bring the loving discipline of the Father upon himself.
- All who have received Christ will at death depart to be with Christ in their spirits and at Christ’s return receive a new body which will be like His glorious body.